"My Mailbox Was Hit. What Do I Do?"
Picture this. Your day starts out like any other. You wake up, drink a tall cup of coffee, and walk outside to take Fido for a quick walk around the block. You reach the end of the driveway and, lo and behold, you find your beautiful mailbox lying mangled and broken on the ground. You throw yourself to the ground hoping that you can somehow, someway save the mailbox from its inevitable demise. But you don't know anything about mailboxes and quickly realize you are in over your head. Then the emotions hit. You're angry and confused. Questions start piling up in your brain. "Who did this? How am I going to get my mail? How long will it take to be replaced?" Wiping away the tears of frustration from your eyes, you get up from the ground and walk slowly back to the house. Once inside, you turn on your laptop and do a quick Google search for mailbox companies in your area. At the top of your search is Otto's Streetscape Solutions. Using whatever mental strength you have left, you pick up the phone and dial the number. A friendly voice answers, "Otto's Streetscape Solutions. How can I help you?" With a long sigh, you say it...."My mailbox was hit. What do I do?"
Okay, okay, it's a little dramatic, but you get the point. Otto's understands the frustration that homeowners feel when they find that their mailbox has been hit. That's why we have a process in place that makes replacing your mailbox quick and easy.
1. ASSESS THE DAMAGE - The first thing we'll ask you to do is take a good look at your mailbox and post and tell us what you see. Is the mailbox separated from the post? Is the mailbox smashed or broken? Is the mailbox post standing up straight, is it leaning or is it on the ground? Based on the information you provide, we can typically get a good idea of what, if anything, needs to be replaced or can be salvaged. If we are still unsure of what needs to be done, we may have to come to your house and do our own assessment.
You may already know before you contact us that the damage to your mailbox is extreme and it will have to be completely replaced. However, what you don't know is how you're going to receive your mail while your new mailbox is being produced. In this case, we will offer you a temporary mailbox, which is usually delivered to your home within 24 hours of your phone call.
2. QUOTE - Once we know exactly what needs to be done to fix your mailbox, we will contact you and give you a quote.
3. ORDER & PAY - At this point, your next step is to place the order. Since all of our products are custom made, we do require payment up front. We accept Visa, Mastercard, cash or check. Paying with a credit card when you order will allow production of your new mailbox to start immediately.
4. PRODUCTION - After payment is received, we will immediately start production of your new mailbox. Standard production takes around 7 to 10 business days to complete. We also offer Rush Service, which is an additional charge, but cuts production time down to 3 days.
5. SCHEDULE - Once your mailbox has been produced and Indiana 811 has been called to locate the underground utilities, we will contact you and let you know when it will be installed.
6. INSTALL - Finally, on the day of installation, our mailbox installation crew will remove your old mailbox (or whatever is left of it) and replace it with your brand new mailbox.
About Otto’s Streetscape Solutions
Otto’s Streetscape Solutions is an Indiana based, full service provider of mailboxes, community signage and decorative street lighting. We serve the greater Indianapolis area, including Carmel, Fishers, and Greenwood. If your mailbox has been hit and needs to be partially or completely replaced, our dedicated team of professionals and highly trained installation crews are here to help.
Otto's at 2014 Flower & Patio Show
Mark your calendar for the 2014 Indiana Flower & Patio Show! Otto's Streetscape Solutions will once again be an exhibitor at this event. Our booth will feature standard and custom mailboxes, community street signage, and other streetscape products. All orders placed at the event will receive a 10% discount.
The event runs Saturday, March 8th through Sunday, March 16th inside the West Pavilion and Expo Hall at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis. For show hours, ticket prices and other important information, visit the Indiana Flower & Patio Show website at http://hsishows.com/wp/indianaflowerandpatioshow/.
Don't forget to stop by the Otto's Streetscape Solutions booth. We'll be located at booth #322 (see floor plan). See you there.
Come See Us at the Indy Home Show
Otto's Streetscape Solutions will be an exhibitor at the 2014 Indianapolis Home Show starting Friday, January 24th. We will be featuring our standard and custom mailboxes, community street signage, and other streetscape products. Our knowledgeable team of experts will be onsite and ready to take orders and answer any questions you may have. A 10% discount will be given to orders placed at the show. Hope to see you there!
Indiana State Fairgrounds
West Pavilion / Exhibition Hall / South Pavilion
1002 E. 38th St.
Friday, January 24, 2014 through Sunday, February 2, 2014